Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Day 4 - Traffic!!!

Remind me to never, ever complain about traffic again.  The drivers in Kampala give new meaning to the term "traffic jam".



Want to go across town?  Better count on your trip taking twice as long as you think it should.  There are cars everywhere ... all the time.  If there are traffic laws here, I haven't seen any.  It is complete chaos ... all the time.  And yet, somehow it seems to work.

The first day I was in shock.  After 4 days, I think I'm kind of used to it.  We're so fortunate that our drivers Hajji and Jimmy are experts at maneuvering the crowded city streets.  At least the cars tend to stay in lanes ... but the 10s of thousands of boda bodas (motor bikes) create their own lanes - down the middle, on the shoulders, on the sidewalks.  Sort of fun to watch from the safety of the back seat of a van.  Haven't seen an accident yet.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I think you should ask to drive next time Uncle Terry!!

    ReplyDelete